With this original Apple Lightning to mini-jack adapter (model number MMX62ZM/A) you can connect a microphone or headphone with a 3.5 mm connection to your iPhone or iPad.
For iPhone and iPad
The Apple Headphone Adapter is ideal for newer iPhones and iPads with Apple Lightning, which no longer have a headphone jack. With the iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 series you need this adapter to connect a device with a mini-jack connection to your smartphone. The new iPad Mini also no longer has a headphone jack.
The original Apple MMX62ZM/A adapter works with all earphones and headphones. Also works for calling through your earphones. For microphones, note that your microphone requires a TRRS connection (four poles/3 bars) on the plug to work with this adapter.
These microphones and cables, among others, work in combination with the Apple Lightning to 3.5 mm adapter:
- MOJOGEAR lavalier Microphone 1.5 meters for iPhone and Android smartphones (also used in MOJOGEAR Video Kit)
- MOJOGEAR lavalier microphone 2 meters for iPhone and Android smartphones
- SAIREN VM-Q1 (also used in Ulanzi Vlog Kit)
- SAIREN T Mic Dual-Head Interview Microphone
- Comica CVM-V30 Lite
- Comica CVM-V10II
- Comica BoomX-D D1
- Comica BoomX-D D2
- RØDE SmartLav+
- iRig Mic Lav
- Boya BY-M1
- Boya BY-M1 Pro
- Boya BY-M1DM
- Boya BY-MM1
- Boya BY-MM1+
- Boya BY-MM1 Pro
- Boya BY-WM4 Pro K1
- Boya BY-WM4 Pro K2
- RØDE VideoMicro (in combination with TRRS cable, e.g. the RØDE SC7)
- RØDE VideoMic Go (in combination with TRRS cable, e.g. the RØDE SC7)
- RØDE Wireless Go (in combination with TRRS cable, e.g. the RØDE SC7)
- RØDE Wireless Go II (in combination with TRRS cable, e.g. the RØDE SC7)
- RØDE SC4 adapter cable
- RØDE SC7 adapter cable (on TRRS side)
- Comica 3.5 mm jack TRRS-TRS adapter cable (on TRRS side)
- And all other microphones with 3.5 mm TRRS connection
Note: There are a lot of unbranded Lightning to 3.5 mm adapters for sale. These often don’t work well with microphones or occur an error message (“This accessory may not be supported”). We therefore recommend to always use this original Apple adapter cable.
Specifications Apple Lightning to mini-jack adapter
- Connections Apple Lightning (male) and 3.5 mm mini-jack (female)
- Cable length 8 cm
- What can you do with it? Connecting a device with a mini-jack output to a Lightning connector
- Color White
- Weight 3 grams
- Brand Apple
- Warranty 2 years
Questions about the Apple Lightning to mini-jack adapter?
Do you have any questions about this product? Please feel free to contact us.